Videos to Use in Class
Sources of videos on all kinds of topics that you can use in teaching English.
- School Tube
- Teacher Tube
- http://eflclassroom.ning.com/video Video clips from EFL Classroom 2.0
- TEFL Clips
- National Film Board of Canada Animations for Teachers
- http://dotsub.com/ Videos with subtitles in many languages.
- http://video.nytimes.com/?src=hp1-0-V Videos from the New York Times.
- Thinkport Video Clips
Videos about Teaching
Videos about teaching methods, classroom management, and many other topics related to teaching.
- http://oelp.uoregon.edu/shaping.html Shaping the Way We Teach English: A series of short training videos about many aspects of teaching English as a foreign language with supplementary readings on each topic.
- http://www.teachers.tv/ Teachers TV: A British organization that produces videos about teaching methods, classroom management, etc. Many videos feature teachers who were having problems and show how a mentor teacher helped them improve. If you click on "Subjects" in the row at the top of the page, you can choose the school subject you're interested in. There's no section especially for ESL. ("English" is English for native speakers.) The closest topic is "Modern Foreign Languages."
- http://www.youtube.com/user/CambridgeUPELT/videos?view=1 Cambridge University Press videos of teaching advice and interviews with TEFL experts.
- http://www.youtube.com/user/CambridgeUPELT/featured Featured videos from Cambridge University Press.
- http://eltinterviews.com/ ELT Interviews: Videos of interviews with teachers, scholars, and others related to teaching English.
- http://teachertube.com/ Teacher Tube: This is like YouTube, but for teachers. Some of the videos are good to use in class, and some are about how to teach. You can choose videos by age group or subject area.
- http://vimeo.com/channels/esl#767583 Vimeo ESL Channel: A collection of videos posted by different people that are related to teaching English
- http://www.edutopia.org/ Edutopia. "What works in education" (Kindergarten through high school)
- http://www.youtube.com/user/BridgeTEFL The Bridge TEFL channel on YouTube
- http://www.eflclassroom.com/eltinterviews/ ELT Interviews: Interviews with English teachers all over the world (using Skype or something similar)
- http://www.authorstream.com/eflclassroom/Teacher-Training/newest/ EFL Classroom 2.0 teacher training video channel